Tuesday 16 October 2012

Thank God for Social Media

This is how it is in here. You live your life day by day with months passing by so quickly that you forget the track of time. I can't believe it's been more than 3 months since my last post. It seems so hard for me write and I guess I need a mental floss before I post this one. I also have to admit  I was a bit lazy, but it's only because there is so much to do in a day.

Ever since I came to Dubai, I have been introduced to a group of people from twitter in tweetups (meetups from twitter), and we started hanging out more often, and then we began to arrange outings without the umbrella of Twitter because suddenly we became friends, and the nice thing about it is that you really get the meaning of socializing as an activity, you get to meet people with no judgments regarding their ethnicities, religions, countries, beliefs, and hobbies. And those people take part in your life that you start referring to them in everything. They become part of your daily routine that you have to talk to them and check up on them, you help them and they help you back, you hang out with them and they call you to join their hangouts, but most importantly... they remind you of what is important, or they give you a push to move forward or re-innovate something in your life, even sometimes they don't realize it themselves, but they actually motivate others and help them move on.



"Dreaming is very important, but don't forget to enjoy the journey"... said Micheline Hazou, a happy soul, while we were having such a nice gathering in Central Perk, Dubai. She told me how important it is to be happy in everything we do in life, and not to neglect the time we spend working our ways to our dreams. Micheline, @mich1mich, is one of those people who remind you, who inspire you, even if she didn't agree with you, she would still open your eyes to a bigger picture. 

So eventually, here I am, working my way to a dream, determined to enjoy the journey, embracing every moment I'm gonna spend reaching it. So, Thank God for Social Media, where I don't need to struggle to get my voice out there, or need effort to meet such amazing people, where I can be a part of this big yet small world while I'm sitting at home on my sofa. Thank God for it.. because where else are you going to find and know such great influential people who could remind you of what is important in this life.

3 comments:

  1. Keep dreaming and reaching for the stars... Felix did it hehehe and thanks for the kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete