Monday 9 May 2011

Introduction


As I sit in my house drinking coffee and looking through the window, I remembered… it wasn’t so long ago when I used to be dreaming about getting out of Jordan to study masters in Italy.
 
As the years passed, I made compromises… I wanted to go anywhere to study masters, but no place seemed to be close enough for my family to accept. It was really hard for me to live in a world where the chances are limited for women.  So the dream became stronger, it began to consume my thoughts, growing everyday in my head. But living in a place like that with a mentality like mine was the main reason for the dream to become JUST getting the hell out of Jordan!
 
But as we all know, God works in mysterious ways. Apparently I was meant to leave Jordan somewhere along the road, but in a totally different way than I had planned for.  Marriage was the last option on the list, only because I didn’t know that the right guy really existed.
 
As I start my life here in the UAE with the man I love, a very different place than any other country I’ve been to, I find this place a master piece, a social make-over, and most importantly, a place where stories are to be told.

So instead of waiting for my next visit to Jordan to tell family and friends how I fell in love with the Emirates, I might as well blog about them and share it with the whole world! My UAExperience will be my first blog, hope you like it.


6 comments:

  1. Great first post. following u all the way to experinse the UAE with u;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. " if you have a big dreams ... u must live in a big city " ,,,, but i believe that your dreams will goo far than the distance and the places ... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it...
    you know the famouse Paulo Coelho's sentence... in your case it is true...
    I guess Dubai is a great place, maybe the most rapresentative of our time, so, also the perfect place to start a new blog :)
    I wish to visit Emirates soon, inshallah.
    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to create a blog. Loved your first post and I'll make sure to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaww i like it....i will be looking forward to reading your posts :)
    good luck wa dont become lazy,,, cause everytime i start a blog i dont continue it. so dont be an ayah hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks All :) you are very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete