Monday 30 May 2011

Getting a Driving License



 I have mentioned in my last post how you need to open your wallet every time you leave the house, I just never realized how much people would need to have in their pockets in order to get things done, and well as a start… you will need a lot to issue a driving license.

 Having said that, I should remind you that I have a Jordanian driving license, but I cannot switch it to a UAE one unless I take some mandatory lessons first and apparently pay a ton of cash in the process.

When I first applied for it I wanted to get a manual shift license, I changed my mind about that not because I realized I had to pay extra for the lessons, but because I had to pay extra to sign an approval in order for a male instructor to give me the lessons, - Note that I am not underestimating the idea, but I am only wondering why did I have to pay for that?- I mean does it cost that much to sign a paper?

I also am wondering what difference does it make if I paid cash or with a credit card?! Why do I have to pay 2.5% of the whole value if I was paying with credit card? Anyway, it was weird, and honestly money is not always an issue, but it is when you feel like you’re being ripped off. I really think it is enough that you would have to pay more than 100% of the real cost over fees and charges even though you already know how to drive.

These things could get frustrating on the long run, people work really hard in order to have better lives, and the fact that they have to put so much of their earnings over many things that they NEED to have is really hard.

 But you’ve got to wonder, all these people have a chance of letting go and going back to their countries, but they don’t! Why do they prefer to live like this? And why are they willing to spend more of their savings in order to stay here? Is it the lifestyle or is it that they have better chances here?

No comments:

Post a Comment